- McCune Conference Room
- 6020 HSSB.
Joanne Nowak, Academic Coordinator (email@example.com)
Join us for a panel discussion and public forum about the need for transformational thought and action in
response to the challenges of climate change. The event will highlight the coalitional work of the Central Coast Climate Justice Network (C3JN) to move our region toward a more equitable and resilient environmental future. For complete event information, visit: www.ihc.ucsb.edu
The panel discussion will take place on Thursday, October 24th from 6-8PM in the McCune Conference Room, 6020 HSSB.
Opening remarks by Alice O’Connor, Professor of History and Director, UCSB Blum Center and David Pellow, Chair and Dehlsen Professor, UCSB Environmental Studies Program.
- MARICELA MORALES, Executive Director, Central Coast Alliance United for a Sustainable Economy
(CAUSE); Co-convener, C3JN
- SIGRID WRIGHT, Executive Director, Community Environmental Council; Co-convener, C3JN
- CAMERON GRAY, Transportation and Climate Manager, Community Environmental Council
- ANA ROSA RIZO-CENTINO, Senior Central Coast Organizer, Food & Water Action
- VANESSA TERAN, Policy and Communications Associate, Mixteco/Indígena Community Organizing
Cosponsored by the Blum Center on Poverty, Inequality, and Democracy; the Environmental Studies Program; the Interdisciplinary Humanities Center’s Critical Mass series; the Fund for Santa Barbara; and the Central Coast Climate Justice Network